I was tired of Candace having all the fun with the blogging so i decided to get in on it. Mine will probably be too long and not very many pics.
Last Sat. we get home from dinner w/ friends and a trip to the local super market to find a family of six on our street. They were well dressed and did not fit the usual beggar profile. The father tried to explain his dilemma to me in Indonesian but we weren't making much progress. After calling an interpreture i learned that he had taken a train with his family from a city a days journey away to visit his family whom he had not seen in 5 years. he did not call first b/c neither had a phone. upon arriving he learned his family had moved and the neighbors did not know where too. on his way back to the train station he was robbed on the public transportion (which has happened to us 2). So he got dropped off down the street from our house and needed help. During this conversation Candace had prepared food and treats for the family while Joshua had brought out cold drinks to all the kids (a beautiful sight). After asking Candace (of course!) we invited them to spend the night (it was after 9 already) and then take them to the station tom. But they declined b/c he needed to work the next day and the all night train was cheaper than the day one. So we gave him the needed funds and I got to give him a tract in the local language and simply explain the importance of the message. I also got his address and am passing it own to a co-worker in his city. A father with his wife and 4 kids (all under 5 years old )roaming the streets of a foreign city at the mercy of anyone who would help. PDL he "happened" down our street. For Indonesia, just another saturday night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey you guys,
Great story. Father just works in amazing ways on the other side of the world doesnt he? I would bet that that your part in this family's story isn't over. Glad to hear you're all doing well!
what a great experience...God is at work in the every day happpenings of life right down to the smallest of details....I marvel at how His word will reach the unreachable in the ordinary or maybe not so ordinary day of our lives...mom and grand-D loves and misses u so...
Love reading about what is going on with you guys. I check it daily. Post often! Miss you guys!
Aunt Eck
We sure miss all of you. You are only an email away, yet sooooo very far.
That was a great story. Let us know if you hear from that family again.
You all look wonderful. I bet the boys are learning the language quickly. How are you all doing.
Keep adding to the blog and I will check it often.
Love,
Grandma
Post a Comment